Jose Aldo?s post-fight celebration spills into crowd at UFC 142

UFC feather weight champion Jose Aldo adopted Rio de Janeiro as a home when he started fighting. After he beat Chad Mendes to defend the belt, they adopted him right back.

Immediately after the fight was stopped, Aldo ran out of the cage and into the crowd. The raucous crowd swarmed around him, all hoping to touch their triumphant fighter. The featherweight was lost among the bodies until he emerged on a cornerman's shoulders and finally made it back to the cage.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/jose-aldo-post-fight-celebration-spills-crowd-ufc-055023672.html

Ricardo Almeida  Eddie Alvarez Thiago Alves  Andre Amade  Dean Amasinger 

UFC 142: Yahoo! Sports and Heavy present Fight Day live

UFC 142 pre-show Fight Day Live is back on Saturday, January 14, at 6pm ET/ 3pm PT. Hosts Dave Farra and Megan Olivi will guide you through the full fight card and all of the biggest news in the UFC.

HeavyMMA Editor Matt Brown will host an expert roundtable that will analyze and break down the entire night's fighting action. UFC heavyweight Frank Mir will be live on set for a one-on-one interview as well as an inside look into Anthony Johnson's training camp.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/ufc-142-yahoo-sports-heavy-present-fight-day-035210472.html

John Alessio  Houston Alexander Ricardo Almeida  Eddie Alvarez Thiago Alves 

Sonnen vs. Bisping is for title shot, but Chael says Silva will never fight him

Dana White released his first video blog for the card on FX today. One interesting scene includes the UFC president dealing with the withdrawal of Mark Munoz from the UFC on Fox 2 card. White is getting ready to release news of the new Chael Sonnen-Michael Bising fight and says the winner will get a title shot against the currently sidelined UFC middleweight champ Anderson Silva.

White must know something Sonnen doesn't because the outspoken contender sounds pretty sure he'll never face Silva.

"I'm not going to fight Anderson either way. They can say whatever they want. Anderson is never going to do that fight," Sonnen told "The MMA Insiders" show last week on Las Vegas' ESPN1100/98.9 FM. "I hope he's healthy and has a good life, but I'm not buying into this mythical world that Anderson is going to some day sign a contract to fight me."

During today's UFC on Fox 2 conference call, Sonnen reiterated his theory and said Silva turned down the fight to their boss' face.

"He even said no to (UFC executive) Lorenzo Fertitta's face. Face-to-face, not over the phone ? Lorenzo brought him out, sat him down, and said, 'This is the fight we want.' And Anderson said no," said Sonnen.

Sonnen knows management isn't pleased and questions the severity of Silva's back and shoulder injuries.

"They're not happy about it. The message to Anderson was this ' Chael is the opponent for you. You can fight him or you can't fight nobody. He elected to fight nobody,'" said Sonnen. "Dan Henderson said it perfectly, if the right opponent comes up, all of Anderson's injuries will go away."

Silva's next opponent will be known next Saturday night. A date and location is completely up in the air until Silva announces when he can officially return.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/sonnen-vs-bisping-title-shot-chael-says-silva-231128840.html

Jermaine Andrè  Yoji Anjo  Tank Abbott Hiroyuki Abe Cyril Abidi 

Mark Hominick vs. Eddie Yagin Moves with UFC 145 to Atlanta

A featherweight matchup between former title challenger Mark Hominick and Eddie Yagin has officially moved to UFC 145 on April 21 in Atlanta after its original March event in Montreal was recently scrapped.

Source: http://mmafrenzy.com/27284/mark-hominick-vs-eddie-yagin-moves-with-ufc-145-to-atlanta/

Dean Amasinger  Jimmy Ambriz Matt Andersen  Alex Andrade  Jermaine Andrè 

At UFC 142, Erick Silva disqualified for illegal blows

Erick Silva got his first UFC win in just 40 seconds. It looked like he had another quick win, but controversy erupted as soon as the 29-second bout was over.

From the opening touch of the gloves, Silva threw a knee, which caused Prater to fall to his knees. Silva followed up with several hits to the side of Prater's head. The bout was stopped by referee Mario Yamasaki, and it seemed like Silva was on the way to his second straight win.

But the official decision took longer than normal to announced, and Yamasaki explained to Silva that he was disqualified because Yamasaki said the blows were to the back of Prater's head.

UFC commentator Joe Rogan disagreed with the call, saying that the punches hit the side of Prater's head. Yamasaki said that he needed to make the call in the moment, and he saw the blows hit the back of Prater's head. MMA referees do not have instant replay.

Silva took the disappointment well.

"I have great respect for the referee," Silva told Rogan. "I don't think they were hitting the back of the head."

The bout will go down as a loss on Silva's record.

Other popular content on the Y! network:
? Serena Williams hasn't been on a date in 'forever'
? Video: 49ers force five turnovers after feeling disrespected
? Y! Health: Daily habits that will lead to weight loss

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/ufc-142-erick-silva-disqualified-illegal-blows-035820320.html

Thiago Alves  Andre Amade  Dean Amasinger  Jimmy Ambriz Matt Andersen